Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with a simple triac circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

holabr

This is my first attempt to design a circuit with a Triac. I'm building the attached circuit but I can't get it to work. I even tried a push button switch in place of the MOC3023 but still can't get the solenoid to energize. I know it works if I connect it directly to the 24 AC. I tried both simulation and actually breadboarding the circuit with negative results. What am I missing?

Attachments

• triac.jpg
    triac.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 162
You may not have enough gate current. Try it without the 2.4k resistor and the cap.
I'm thinking you have a resistor in series with the led on the MOC to limit the current?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back