Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with a dynex LCD/DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshua17ss2

I have a Dynex 19" LCD with built in DVD player, its power light on the front is red when plugged in, when you press the power button, the tv makes a squeaking sound for a second and then does nothing at all. I have checked all the connections and it looks ok, no blown fuses, no visible burnt chips? any one have any ideas.

I have a Dynex 19" LCD with built in DVD player, its power light on the front is red when plugged in, when you press the power button, the tv makes a squeaking sound for a second and then does nothing at all. I have checked all the connections and it looks ok, no blown fuses, no visible burnt chips? any one have any ideas.

Most likely bad capacitors.
The type of power supply in these will squeal when bad caps are present.

Look for bulging tops on the capacitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back