Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem while placing components in eagle !

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf

Hello Friends ,
I have getting error when I place any component outside the plus sign( " +" which is in every eagle board) ..

I am designing the board without drawing in schematics...

I have attached the circuit and the error message in my attachment !
Please have a look !

When I place any component outside the + sign I get error message (Please have a look in my attachments )

I want to solve this problem and I want freely all available space in the board area...

Thanks in advance friends !

The "+" sign shows the origin of the board. In other words, it is the bottom left corner. Trying to place components below or to the left of it will give you the error because you are trying to place it off of the board. I suggest you select all and do a block move to the right, so that you can fit more components off to the left.

Regards

And doesn't the light version only have a small board size....

Yes, but it's not too small. It's large enough for most basic projects. I prefer to be able to see the border, which I think is a layer you can turn on.

I have tried all the above mentioned helps !
But now also the problem remains same...

I want to use all the workspace of board...
Or how can I manually adjust the size of the boards...

Or is there any alternative idea ? Friends !

I have tried all the above mentioned helps !
But now also the problem remains same...

I want to use all the workspace of board...
Or how can I manually adjust the size of the boards...

Or is there any alternative idea ? Friends !

You can't manually change the size of the boards in Eagle Lite. You use what you want, then shrink the border around it. But, since you don't show the border, you need to find which layer it is and turn it on. That way you'll be able to see how much space you have. Did you do a block move up and to the right slightly? That will put your parts closer to the center of the board.

Eagle will not allow you to place parts outside the board. This is how they keep you from making large boards on the free version. If you started with a schematics the parts will all be sitting outside the board waiting for you to place them.

Did you do a block move up and to the right slightly? That will put your parts closer to the center of the board.
Ya I have done but now also the same problem friends !

But, since you don't show the border, you need to find which layer it is and turn it on.
I have checked the layer by turning on and off ,but the border doesn't comes... it only comes when I use schematics to draw boards...

but here I am not using schematics to draw my boards... I am directly using board designer...

This is how they keep you from making large boards on the free version.
If I register this version then can I use full workspace or adjust the size manually...

Because my circuit diagram is very big... and it will not get adjusted in small size eagle boards...

Is express pcb will be a better choice... or is there any free version software to make larger pcb's...

Thanks all friends again for your helps ?

Hi,

as DerStrom8 already correctly mentioned you're trying to place components outside the allowed board size of 100X80mm (3.9X3.15").

I suggest to draw the maximum board "frame" using layer20 (dimension layer) and a trace width of zero. Draw the "frame" with positive values for the X and Y coordinates starting at the reference cross.

With other words, draw the box to the right and upwards only starting out at zero X and Y.

You can move your components freely within that box.

After having placed all components and routing is finished you might shrink the board for the final size. (Select "move" and grab one line of the dimension lines. If the entire box gets distorted grab the line again and align the box for right angles.

Allow free space of at least one trace width between copper traces and the "frame".

I also suggest not just to draw a PCB design. You should rather draw a schematic and connect components using nets. When done type "board;" and Eagle will create a board with the maximum allowed "frame".

Switch "window" --> "board" to see the result.

Group all elements and move them into the "frame".

You will notice that all components are connected with air wires which you might route either manually or use the autorouter.

Don't use a grid size smaller than 0.025". Smaller grid sizes will lead to countless angle errors when using the autorouter.

Boncuk

You can't manually change the size of the boards in Eagle Lite. You use what you want, then shrink the border around it. But, since you don't show the border, you need to find which layer it is and turn it on. That way you'll be able to see how much space you have. Did you do a block move up and to the right slightly? That will put your parts closer to the center of the board.

Designing a board without prior schematic there won't be any border box.

When going about a board design without schematic the border has to be drawn manually. The border lines might exceed the maximum allowed board size.

So be careful to stay within the limits.

Boncuk

Friends I was facing same problem again and again . So I updated the eagle lite version with eagle professional version..

And this solved my problem ....

I hope there was a limitation in eagle lite version ... ? well , Now the problem has being solved !

Thanks to all friends for helping me and replying me !
Thanks once again !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back