Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem problem problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

donniedj

Banned
What is with the growing post containing the word problem? 90% of the time if effort is focused on going direct to the manufacture as should have been done FROM THE GET GO and becoming familiar with the devices and documentation, the entity in distress if not finally but at least would come to the conclusion that there rigors stem from operator error.

People want fast answers without any work, posting in a forum is easier than looking up and trying to figure out an answer for yourself.

Oh wow! The forum automatically censors my account number!

#### #### #### ####

It works!

Its the plllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp posts that fly up my nose.

blueroomelectronics said:
I guess some folks have not yet found Google.

google is not the solution for all your problems... for example once i was searching for a decent ESR meter, if you google it you'll find enough of them! but the real answer came from this forum (from users that they haven't published their schematics).

if you know what i mean...

whiz115 said:
google is not the solution for all your problems... for example once i was searching for a decent ESR meter, if you google it you'll find enough of them! but the real answer came from this forum (from users that they haven't published their schematics).

if you know what i mean...

So how did you find these forums :rolleyes:

Google is an excellent search engine and yes these forums are excellent too. But a great deal of questions could often be answered with a simple Google search.

On the other hand complete homework assignments...

On the other hand complete homework assignments...

That's a good one, and very true! I call it " Reading Is Fun For Mentals ", it's what I do at work so very often. Some of the machines I service no longer have a PLC, but instead have a PC with Interbus, simplifies wiring but a confusing switch.

There is a lot of info 'here' if you spend the time to read and follow some of the links. I am just waiting to try some of it out when my Junebug gets here.

So how did you find these forums :rolleyes:

with much respect to your experiance bill.. and your constribution to
to electro-tech. :) i'll once again say that google is not the solution for everything, but i don't doupt it it's for enough...

Tossing the baby with the bathwater? While google isn't 100% (and no one said it was), it is waaaay ahead of what ever is in 2nd place. To use the ESR example, even if google didn't do your job for you, it did help you to be able to better ask the question here. Even if you discovered this forum by accident.

There simply is no substitute for doing your own research.

google is great, can answer 80% of the question in very short time, problem with researching elco on google are all the abbreviations that bring up too much noise to the results... Thing is, google + "newcomers please read ..." topic answers 99% "I need million $ please wire to this account" questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back