Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem making IR receiver and transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabeng

I am using IR LED for transmission and IR module for receiving?????????
but it is not working???????help plz it is urgent

for level detection

Is that all you got??

Make sure your transmitter and receiver are lined up.

How can we help you anymore without a circuit and/or a description?

Andy

Last edited:
Sabeng,
If you can't give us any more information, I'm afraid we can't really help. As it says in the community rules:

"A good question will get good answers. When creating a new thread you must provide as much relevant information to your question as possible. This is not a banning offence but your post maybe edited/removed if we believe there is not enough valuable content to allow other members to answer it."

We need to know what you are using now that is not working, and we need to know the environment in which your transmitter and receiver will be operating. It would also help to know what type of transmitter/receiver you are using. Is it simply an infrared phototransistor, or is it complete infrared receiver module, and how do you have it connected? Are you pulsing the beam of IR light, or is it steady? It would help everyone on this forum, including yourself, if you answered in more than just simple, not to mention vague, sentences. I'm sure if you gave us more information we would be able to provide much more assistance.
Der Strom

Last edited:
hi! I M really sorry but it's about Final Year Project and I was busy!
I m using an IR LED and the receiver module is 538aa51, I M using LM555 to produce almost 38KHz which is detectable by this module. but it seems to be some fault.
I M sending the circuit diagram: (According to my calculations, 555 circuitry is generating 34.285KHz, is it necessary to generate exact 38 KHz signal?)
Link:
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

hope someone help!
Thanks!

Last edited:
How are you connecting the receiver module?

38khz

As BRE stated most modules require "pulsed 38KHZ". I can't find a data-sheet for yours, but here is a circuit that should work.

You might want to post your receiver circuit as well because the output will be pulses and not a dc level.

Attachments

• 38khz.PNG
    38khz.PNG
    72.3 KB · Views: 273
are you sure your transmitter is oscillating? have you checked the orientation of the LED (replace with a normal LED so you can see the results or use a digital camera to look at the infrared LED)? You could try using a tv remote to test the receiver to see if that is the point of failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back