problem klipsch sw-450 ampli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crown are really good in the music biz too, you can mistreat them electrically and bounce them all over in a flight case and they still fight on sounding good.
Only one problem you have to pay for what you get.

In 1991, I had the opportunity to visit the Crown facility in Elkhart, Indiana. I was visiting as a transformer supplier, and were preparing technical requirements for a new generation of power amplifiers.

The assembly line was spotless. And a serious, yet relaxed, work environment.
One could easily sense that employees were happy and very proud of the products they were making.

I left my company afterwards, so I ignore what happened to Crown after it was acquired by Harman. Most likely a significant amount of jobs were outsourced.

That sounds like a good place to work, I 've never heard a bad word about crown.
Not many places in the uk like that now, probably anywhere.

Well, please notice that I said 1991.
Almost 25 years later, I wouldn't think that the factory is still there. The design center, perhaps. But the assembly must be gone by now to a far east subcontractor.

Yes, thats why there probably isnt anywhere like that anymore.
Not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing.
I just got myself a couple of 1/2" sockets from the same manufacturer I've been using for a long time, the new ones are naff compared to ones I've had 20 yrs, so I spose its a bad thing.

I don't want to hijack this thread so let's talk about Klipsch.
A couple of years later I was driving from Dallas, TX to Hot Springs, AR. On the way, I noticed a sign that read: "Hope, Arkansas. Bill Clinton's birthplace. Population: 15,000".

So Hope's claim of fame are both the famous Klipsch folded horn loudspeakers and the 42nd president of USA

I bought speaker drivers from eminence in the us, also the name of the manufact, at the time nearly everyone in eminence worked at eminence.

I know this thread is years old but it still shows up for problems with this sub. The varistor in question is a ZOV-07D431K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…