Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in reading/writing SD card through MPC5554 using SPI clock speed above 3 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanaas

Hi everybody,

I have interfaced a 4 GB class 4 Kingston micro SD card with MPC5554 using SPI. I have implemented FAT32 file system driver on it.
Everything(reading/writing files) works fine when I keep SPI clock at 3 MHz after initialization. With 3 MHz clock I am able to write 1 MB of data in a file in 1 min which is pretty low speed!!
But when I turn to SPI clock above 3 MHz, the SD card does not read/write sectors at all!! All I want to do is to increase this speed of data transfer.
Has any body done such a thing with speed higher than 3 MHz? I would be so grateful if any body could help me in this issue as I have been trying to solve it since last so many days but no results and my FAT32 driver would be of no use in my application with such a low speed. Please do help me.

Thanks,
Sana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back