Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in our day to day life

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone well I am thinking on working on some basic project which can solve our day to day life problems.
So can anyone suggest me some problems on which i can make project based on microcontroller/signal processing/basic communication/antenna design..
i was thinking and one of the problem which i thought was insects and mosqitous in house..I can desgin a Tx which can transmit waves ultrasonic for insects and infrasonic for us.
second i thought of any multiband antenna which will be may work on various band but not simultaneously ..i will electroniclly select the band on which i want to communicate..
but these are already solved problems..
can you guys suggest some ..i can try working on some

Thanks in advance

featherheart9, very interesting request.

I feel compelled to ask a few questions first;

1. What is your current level of education/experience in electronics?
2. same, except for microcontrollers and the languages used to program them?
3. same for communications?
4. and, finally, antennae?

This will help us (or at the least, me) make some reasonably attainable suggestions.

hello everyone well I am thinking on working on some basic project which can solve our day to day life problems.
So can anyone suggest me some problems on which i can make project based on microcontroller/signal processing/basic communication/antenna design..
i was thinking and one of the problem which i thought was insects and mosqitous in house..I can desgin a Tx which can transmit waves ultrasonic for insects and infrasonic for us.
second i thought of any multiband antenna which will be may work on various band but not simultaneously ..i will electroniclly select the band on which i want to communicate..
but these are already solved problems..
can you guys suggest some ..i can try working on some

Thanks in advance

If I remember correctly, females mosquitos bite but Female Mosquitos are Deaf.
Only the Males can hear and they don't bite.

And Ultrasonics sent as an RF wave?
Not sure what that would accomplish.

But might work for some flies.

I really hate losing my stuff. My keys, wallet and cellphone always get lost inside the house. I would like a device that emitts an audible alarm when an object separates from me more than X meters, or that respond when I call it from a central control panel.

A device that shut off the gas and electricity when a seismic event would be great,

Do some research about riot control using RF and audio waves. Besides of the ethics about the use (and more probably misuse!!) of these weapons I consider it a technically fascinating topic.

I really hate losing my stuff. My keys, wallet and cellphone always get lost inside the house. I would like a device that emitts an audible alarm when an object separates from me more than X meters, or that respond when I call it from a central control panel.

I solved those simple problems using simple and non-varying routines: keys, wallet and all that is in my pocket, on the same place next to a lamp (the same lamp).

Glasses, hanging from a string (or whatever is the name). Bought some from the optician and I carry my glasses always with me. A spare is on my night table.

Mobile on the desk or later to my nightable as well.

Girlfriends? Well, impossible to control. To avoid difficulties all named with the same nickname. No confusion possible! :p They control me!

There have been various claims made over the years as to the effects of sound/ultrasound on animals. So beware; you may end up repelling a few mozzies but attracting a swarm of ants or plague of rats ! :D

featherheart9, very interesting request.

I feel compelled to ask a few questions first;

1. What is your current level of education/experience in electronics?
2. same, except for microcontrollers and the languages used to program them?
3. same for communications?
4. and, finally, antennae?

This will help us (or at the least, me) make some reasonably attainable suggestions.

Thanks
I am doing Btech in electronics and communicattion ,just entered in 3rd year
I am not much experienced in electronics ..basiclly i learin through these projects only ..so far i have worked on atmega16 and its interfacing ,arduino and xbees..
i have done a project of animatronic hand with arduino and xbee, For microcontrollers I have done many simple works..like line followng robots etc etc
I am a novice in communication,havent done any project yet..plus not very much theory knowledge .but i ca study for making a project
and in antenna i have worked on hfss,...i was working on a triband patch antenna...and i succeded but its gain is very small for two bands...
Thats all i have done
but this time i want to learn something new so i am ready to jump into new adventure :p

If I remember correctly, females mosquitos bite but Female Mosquitos are Deaf.
Only the Males can hear and they don't bite.

And Ultrasonics sent as an RF wave?
Not sure what that would accomplish.

But might work for some flies.

wel that was my initial thought i didnt researched on it very much..
and thanx

A device that shut off the gas and electricity when a seismic event would be great,

Do some research about riot control using RF and audio waves. Besides of the ethics about the use (and more probably misuse!!) of these weapons I consider it a technically fascinating topic.

wow..really great...i am looking for these simple problems .Really thank you
please do let me know if you think of somethuing else

There have been various claims made over the years as to the effects of sound/ultrasound on animals. So beware; you may end up repelling a few mozzies but attracting a swarm of ants or plague of rats ! :D

yeah good point..well now I am thinking of dropping this idea...so much to think out of electronics box :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back