Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem encountered on building a 24 hr digital clock,only hours portion.Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The old BabbleFish site was great for this. Translating things from English to German and back again a few times would generate totally new copy!

The old BabbleFish site was great for this. Translating things from English to German and back again a few times would generate totally new copy!
:facepalm: Oh yes.

I realized that things start acting funny when words have two or more meanings. Technical texts, at least the common ones (design / applications) risk less having that problem.

I recall reading (previous translation to English) a superb (but dense) text on op amps in German. Translation came crystal clear.

Just as a simple example: it took Google translator several years to translate "cuñado" (Spanish) to "brother in law" or vice versa. According to their approach, something like definitions based on statistics, plus added corrections supplied by interested users (I do, very seldom, form times to times) they move in the right direction but I suspect they could not avoid the stumbling block of expressions where the meaning is given by context more than face value.

Definitely Babel, started an unending confusion but a nice source of fun as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back