Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem designing a Sallen Key Low-pass filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mloven

I wonder if any kind people can help me with this, I have never made any LP filter before, so some feedback would be appreciated:

I have a PWM signal that I can vary in frequency and I have chosen 10 kHz, 0-5 voltage. Then I want to put a second order SallenKey Low-Pass filter to the PWM so the signal filters.

My problem is to dimension the LP-filter and to get it to work. I’ve used this page from Analog device:**broken link removed**
and chosen: Fc to 10000 and “Gaussian to 12 dB” only for the convenience to get the capacitors to 94nF and 47nF. Then I have made the circuit and tested it but it doesn’t seems to work.

When I make a sweep from a function generator and trying different frequencies, nothing happens.

Am I missing something with the design? Are there any better method to filter the signal?

What do you mean when you say nothing happens? Do you get no output, or just no filtering? If you try to filter a 10kHz square wave with a 10kHz cutoff filter, you will just get a square wave with slow rise and fall times. What are you going to do with the resulting filtered output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back