Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem circut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabinorman

Hey guys
I have a appliance here with a 120 v 60 hz sump pump
A fuse
A switch
It stopped pumping so took apart and the fuse was open line I swaped the fuse and test no pump checked the fuse continuity checked the pump open line replaced with new one tested and still no pump open line again I have used every resistance setting on my meter up to 2m ohm fuse still works but what keeps burning my pumps
Tecnitians note the switch looks a little burnt is that causing high wattage and burning the pumps out?

It is obvious what is wrong; how can it work without punctuation or capitalization?

Welcome to ETO, Sabinorman!

As I understand your description of the problem, I'd suspect that the sump pump is frozen/seized/shorted, which would blow fuses all day (if that is what you are describing).

And some switch contact erosion wouldn't (ordinarily) be so bad as to cause the fuse to blow.

checked the pump open line replaced with new one tested and still no pump open line again
Do you mean you replaced the pump and still have problems?

If the Switch Contacts are Burnt, Possibly it is Not making a Proper Connection.

Try Replacing or Bypassing the Switch and see if it Fixes the Problem.

Use a meter to see if the pump windings have shorted to earth, and if theres a capacitor on the pump check it for connections and see if theres any bulges or signs of leakage.
If you can remove the fan cover if there is one see if you can turn the pump by hand, it should be free, if not its probably full of crud.

Oh yes welcome here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back