Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem about the Interrupt in PIC16F84A... pls pls~~ help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gundam82

ORG 0X00 ; STARTING LOCATION
GOTO INITIAL

ORG 0x04 ; The interrupt vector
GOTO ISR
INITIAL: BSF STATUS,RP0 ; SELECT BANK 1
MOVLW 0X1F ;
MOVWF PORTA
MOVLW 0X03
MOVWF PORTB
BCF STATUS,RP0
CLRF PORTA
CLRF PORTB
CLRF INTCON
BSF INTCON,GIE
BSF INTCON,INTE ; Enable external INT-pin interrupts

ISR: CLRF PORTA
CLRF PORTB
BSF PORTB,5
CALL DELAY
BCF PORTB,5
BCF INTCON,INTF ; CLEAR THE INTERRUPT FLAG BIT
RETFIE ; RETURN FROM INTERRUPT

hey.... pls help me.. the problem is after interrupted, it got light up my LED at portb,5...... but then i not turn off the LED.... from the program above it should light up the LED then delay awhile then turn off the LED.... why ya??? it just light up the LED>..... and i need to turn off and on the power supply to reset it~~~~ why???

Re: Problem about the Interrupt in PIC16F84A... pls pls~~ he

Gundam82 said:
GOTO INITIAL

ORG 0x04 ; The interrupt vector
GOTO ISR
MOVLW 0X1F ;
MOVWF PORTA
MOVLW 0X03
MOVWF PORTB

You just selected bank1 and then you write to porta and portb wich are in bank 0, you need to use trisa and trisb.

Gundam82 said:
BCF STATUS,RP0
CLRF PORTA
CLRF PORTB
CLRF INTCON
BSF INTCON,GIE

Your main code just stops here! the pic will continue execution and run right into the isr below. you should put something here to keep the pic from going further, and endless loop for example like 'goto $'.

Gundam82 said:
CLRF PORTB
BSF PORTB,5
CALL DELAY
BCF PORTB,5
BCF INTCON,INTF ; CLEAR THE INTERRUPT FLAG BIT

thanks for ur solution.. erm... the tris i tried before... i follow the datasheet format... set to bank 1 then assign the TRIS, when compile with MPLAB, it shows warning.. o.... is that an error o not?? but i using my this method... the program run prefectly also.. why ya???

erm... one more thing, act program after the main .. still got program one.... its not staight go to ISR subroutine.......!!! u can try to see my whole short program from the attachment there!!!!!! hope can give me suggetion...........and solution!!!! i want to know where is the problem..!!!! i want to learn more thing!!!!

;=================================================================================
;=Program for the PIC16f84a second PIC in the five-axis multitasking robot =
;=Aim: to control the base motor, vaccum and gripper + interrupt function

=================================================================================
list p=pic16f84a
#include "p16f84a.inc"
__CONFIG _WDT_OFF & _PWRTE_ON & _XT_OSC & _CP_OFF

D EQU 0X0C
D1 EQU 0X0D
D2 EQU 0X0E
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GOTO INITIAL

ORG 0x04
GOTO ISR ; Go to start of foreground ISR
MOVLW 0X1F
MOVWF PORTA
MOVLW 0X03 MOVWF PORTB
BCF STATUS,RP0
CLRF PORTA
CLRF PORTB
CLRF INTCON
BSF INTCON,GIE ; Enable all interrupts

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
START:
BTFSC PORTA,0 ; TEST PIN 19
GOTO FORWARD ; GOTO FORWARD IF PIN 19 IS SET,ELSE SKIP
BCF PORTB,4 ; OFF FORWARD
BTFSC PORTA,1 ; TEST PIN 20
GOTO REVERSE ; GOTO REVERSE IF PIN 20 IS SET,ELSE SKIP
BCF PORTB,5 ; OFF REVERSE
BTFSC PORTA,2 ; TEST PIN 1
GOTO LEFT ; GOTO LEFT IF PIN 1 IS SET,ELSE SKIP
BCF PORTB,6 ; OFF LEFT AND FORWARD
BCF PORTB,4
BTFSC PORTA,3 ; TEST PIN 2
GOTO RIGHT ; GOTO RIGHT IF PIN 2 IS SET,ELSE SKIP
BCF PORTB,7 ; OFF RIGHT AND FORWARD
BCF PORTB,4
BTFSC PORTA,4 ; TEST PIN 3
GOTO VACCUM ; GOTO VACCUM IF PIN 3 IS SET,ELSE SKIP

BTFSC PORTB,1 ; TEST PIN 8
GOTO GRIPPER ; GOTO GRIPPER IF PIN 8 IS SET,ELSE SKIP

GOTO START
FORWARD: BSF PORTB,4 ; ON FORWARD
GOTO START ; GO BACK

REVERSE: BSF PORTB,5
GOTO START

LEFT: BSF PORTB,6
BSF PORTB,4
GOTO START

RIGHT: BSF PORTB,7
BSF PORTB,4
GOTO START

VACCUM: COMF PORTB,3
GOTO START
GRIPPER: BSF PORTB,2

GOTO START ; GO BACK

;-------------------------------------------------ISR-------------------------------
CLRF PORTB
BSF PORTB,5
CALL DELAY
BCF PORTB,5
BCF INTCON,INTF ; CLEAR THE TMR0 INTERRUPT FLAG BIT

;----------------------------------------DELAY-SUBROUTINE------------------------------------------------
DELAY: MOVLW B'00000001'
MOVWF D
DELAY2: MOVLW B'00001100'
MOVWF D1
DELAY3: DECFSZ D1,F
GOTO DELAY3
DECFSZ D,F
GOTO DELAY2
RETURN

END

i assembled your pgm.
there was a problem with this line"VACCUM: COMF PORTB,3 "
the problem is the assembler is expecting a( 0 or a 1) designating where the result is to be stored..
COMF f , d
if d is a 0 then the result is stored in W
if d is a 1 then the result is stored back in f..

thanks for ur correction.............. other than my program....... do u think that the interrupt can work perfectly???? wat i want to do is when the system is interrupted, all the port will set to zero to turn off all the motor it will turn on the motor at portb,5 for awhile (delay) then turn off the motor at potrb,5 ... after that.... i will standby to wait my signal send~~~

I tried this ... but after interrupted.. the motor at portb,5 just turn on.. forever..... at least i reset the supply...... WHY YA?????? wat i sure is the inteuuprt probelm~` but i dunno where~~~~ pls pls pls...... (@_@)

the TRIS registers control the ports A&B as input or output ..as Exo said you must set them ...

from the manual... for port A

BCF STATUS, RP0 ;
CLRF PORTA ; Initialize PORTA by clearing output data latches
BSF STATUS, RP0 ; Select Bank 1
MOVLW 0x0F ; Value used to initialize data direction
MOVWF TRISA ; Set RA<3:0> as inputs ; RA4 as output TRISA<7:5> are always read as ’0’.

from the manual for port B...

BCF STATUS, RP0
CLRF PORTB ; Initialize PORTB by clearing output data latches
BSF STATUS, RP0 ; Select Bank 1
MOVLW 0xCF ; Value used to initialize data direction
MOVWF TRISB ; Set RB<3:0> as inputs RB<5:4> as outputs RB<7:6> as inputs

i can help if ya tell me what ya want to do with port A & B ..

williB said:
the TRIS registers control the ports A&B as input or output ..as Exo said you must set them ...

He already was doing, just using the wrong word - both TRISx and PORTx are exactly the same address, it's the bank switching command that determines which register is written to. So his code was actually perfectly valid, if somewhat silly? - it obviously makes far more sense to use the correct word to avoid confusion.

Gundam82, how did you connect the RB0/INT pin?
If it is left floating it might spontaniously trigger the interrupt over and over again, wich will result in the led staying on...

You should also add context saving to your isr, but in this case i don't think that's the problem.

Thanks everyone.............. EXO.... i connect my interrupt pin series with resistor to ground.... to pull UP..... here i attach my connection...... erm.. hope someone can help me...... about the interrupt?? is that possiblre i need to clear the interrupt flag o waT?? aii~~~~ headahce~~ just a small problemm... make me like this~~~~~ HELP :(

Attachments

• untitled1_141.jpg
    untitled1_141.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 311
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back