Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pro audio input level

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little Googling (actually, more than a little) found the CS800 manual. It says 1.4V RMS gives full rated power with the sensitivity control fully clockwise.

why do you not like to ask? i want to play music from my pc through the amp and mabey my voicechip through it. and i needed to know what voltage to shoot for. there is probably a lot of stuff i am not considering right?

while i am on the subject, can you set up windows media player with a playlist and have it act as a dj for a few hours?

I've had excellent results with WinAMP doing just that. When I drove out west on my vacation last year, I used WinAMP on an old laptop plugged into a small inverter. I just put it on shuffle and let it go - the trip was 1100 miles (16 1/2 hours) and it worked great.

I don't know if WinAMP is the "windows media player" you're talking about though. I assume you're talking about the one which comes built into windows. Can't comment on that one.
Jeff

I'd recommend WinAmp as well, as it has much better plugins for DJ'ing. Fade in/out track delay and realtime volume ballancing. The volume ballancing is a very nice plugin as it keeps even the varrying levels recorded on mp3's from overdriving an output. If you spend the time to configure it properly, you'll get high fidelity flat audio out, if you have a good sound card.

I'm using realplayer, I like their helix engine sound.
My amplifier isn't cs800, but it need 7Vpp to reach it's maximum power. with 5 KOhm input impedance.

I agree about WinAMP too. Much better than WinMediaPlayer and cleaner sounding too. Some very good plug-ins on the net for WinAMP, I must admit. Leave Windows Media Player for viewing "pourn"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back