Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Printing pcb layouts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Steveo

How can I get the Layouts from this site **broken link removed** converted to the actual size ?

Help!

Steve

1Steveo said:
How can I get the Layouts from this site **broken link removed** converted to the actual size ?

Help!

Steve

Hi Steve,

the dimensions for the board are given by them as listed below

"Plošný spoj pro výrobu fotocestou má rozměr 60,96mm x 119,38mm a rozlišení 600 DPI (105Kb)."

It is evident that the size is 11.938*6.096

you can download the layout by pressing the Plošný spoj at the site and save the result as GIF.

you may convert it to a PDF for future use. now have a print as it is and measure the dimentions. say x and y

you can find the ratio of x/119.38 and to that percentage you may reduce the print out next time from the pdf ( made by you) and analyse the later print.
i get reasonably good results.

All the best

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

i am able to reduce it please download the .jpg file attached, and print from PAINT program

Last edited:
Thanks MVS,
I open it up with "Draw" in "Open Office", and converted the size to 2.4" x 4.7" , than saved the layout as a PDF. Looks like a the dims are ok now. The Power supply board dims are 1.5" x 1.1"

1Steveo said:
Thanks MVS,
I open it up with "Draw" in "Open Office", and converted the size to 2.4" x 4.7" , than saved the layout as a PDF. Looks like a the dims are ok now. The Power supply board dims are 1.5" x 1.1"

No mention Sir, I did reduce the size in Paint and did exactly what i was suggesting you. I had the final pint and measured the dimensions that were almost correct. You may perhaps try out the power PCB - ind if you need i could do that exercise for you.

MVS , Do you have the layout's in an uncompressed format (GIF / BMP) Im not seeing any way to change the size with MS paint, and the Jpeg looks a little fuzzy.

Steve

1Steveo said:
MVS , Do you have the layout's in an uncompressed format (GIF / BMP) Im not seeing any way to change the size with MS paint, and the Jpeg looks a little fuzzy.

Steve

Yes the programmer pcb is now attached in original here

PS: as the images are at 600DPI they may appear hazy-- as you commented. at the end of the site you mentioned, authors email address is there and perhaps he may forward better images if you ask him. meantime, i was not able to download the small pcb layout, as tried today.

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

you may also save as gif after reduction. As you see the assembled version of the pcb on the site , there is a buttom below and press it your layout file is downloaded in gif format on your pc. you can handle it while printing to 16% , and it comes fine in laser print

Last edited:
mvs sarma said:
Hi Steve,

you may also save as gif after reduction. As you see the assembled version of the pcb on the site , there is a buttom below and press it your layout file is downloaded in gif format on your pc. you can handle it while printing to 16% , and it comes fine in laser print

Hi Steve,

After a gap of almost 6 months, I got some more data for you and i hope you are still interested in the subject.
Here it goes
"Last time, if you remember, we were trying to size one PCB (PIC programmer). Did that work and you are able to make a PCB of it please?
I later find that instead of applying the "stretch/skew" and sizing the image, it is better to take an actual pint on ordinary paper , measure say distance between known number of pins(say N) . it should be (N-1)*2.54.
take a ratio of expected value/measured value. this gives % error. Next if we set the print size near that reduction ratio, the print comes well. I seek your comments again please."

you may reach me for further developments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back