Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

printer stepping motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PedroV

warning: novice on board!

I have dissected and old inkjet printer... I want to use it to show kids how things work. Along with momentary-on switches, I want to use batteries to power the motor to move the paper.

The power transformer says 30VDC. How to setup my batteries. Can I get by with less power?

The motors have four wires, I assume for left and right movement. How to tell which wires to use? Will trial and error burn out anything?

you can't just hook up power to a stepper motor. It needs proper sequencing of power to the 4 leads. If you are determined, google "bipolar stepper motor control circuit". Lots of hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back