Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Printer startup bypass??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makaram

Hey guys,
Trying to turn my printer into a flatbed printer getting stuck on the startup check (you know the one where it goes through all its tests) because of the paper feed sensor (this is a interrupt sensor)
Was wondering if any1 would know how to bypass this startup phase or perhaps overcome this paper feed crap

Hey guys,
Trying to turn my printer into a flatbed printer getting stuck on the startup check (you know the one where it goes through all its tests) because of the paper feed sensor (this is a interrupt sensor)
Was wondering if any1 would know how to bypass this startup phase or perhaps overcome this paper feed crap

This may go better for help if you define the printer?

Ron

Conventional wisdom is that one gets a small micro and emulates the sensor signals its supposed to see.

Generic answer for a generic question.

Are you saying you have a bad paper feed sensor? If so either replace it or emulate the correct sensor signal.

i think this is the answer im looking for. thanks champ.
But still interested to know if theres a way to completely bypass this

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back