Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Printer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boncuk

Hi everybody,

I've purchased an HP "PSC2310-All-In-One" Printer a while ago. It took me about 8 months to finally install the drivers successfully, since the setup software of HP is somewhat touchy using a different language than english in the operating system.

When the software was installed there was another problem arising which still exists. The scanner obviously doesn't find its home position, and moves slightly forth and back which results in a malfunction message. The entire device is blocked after that. Supposedly there has some dust assembled near the home position optical sensor, which inhibits proper function.

There are just two visible screws on top at the left hand side underneath the scanner cover.

Who knows how to properly disassemble the top of the device to fix the problem? :confused:

The user's manual doesn't have any information on that.

Thanks and a happy new year to all.

Hans

hi Hans,
I dont have experience with that particular printer. but have you visited the HP web site?
I used their site to debug a video problem some time ago.
They have lots of info and upgrades on all their products.

Hi Eric,

thanks for your reply. The HP online customer care does not support any mechanical inquiries.

As far as I know the PSC2310 was only sold in south-east-asia. I hesitate to give the device to a Thai repair shop. I did that once with my mobile phone and they repaired completely to death.

Regards

Hans

Hi Eric,

the PSC2310 seems not to be in widespread use. Of course I also posted a thread in the 'fixyourownprinter' forum, but until now with no reply.

It is just frustrating to have a printer and not being able to use it, first because of long lasting software issue and after that was solved a hardware problem.

Out of three years the effective usage of the printer was less than three months total.

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back