Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Printer Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All!,
I have a clogged Epson Stylus 600 color inkjet printer. Ancient but still good. I need to find a service manual for it so I can clean it up. Epson 600's don't use a replaceable print-head when you change ink cartridges. I've tried using an empty ink cartridge filled with alcohol, but no joy. Didn't help much. I don't want to tear into it blindly as I might upset something delicate. Can any one help? Thanks. <ckd>

Thanks for responding. Tried the site you suggested. Seems like they just want to sell me stuff with no real evidence it will work. Any other thoughts, ideas, or suggestions? Could sure use some help. Thanks. <ckd>

I have a 12 year old Epson Stylus scan 2500 which was retired 11 years ago with blocked printer heads. I bought a flushing cartridge off Ebay for a few quid and ran it through which got it going for another year.

I then left my job where the printer was located and a few years later managed to blag it off my old company as it was being thrown out. I ran another cartridge through and it's worked ever since.

I use it for PCB transparencies - it will only work on Windows 2000 or earlier so I have to use a virtual machine on my main PC but it works flawlessley over USB under Linux running W2K through Virtualbox.

The older Epson printers seem to repond to an ammonia based cleaner better than an alcohol based one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back