Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Printer power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryant1968

I have a power supply that i grunged from a dead hp printer. ASTEC model # is AA21160. HP model # on board is C8401-60003. Need data sheet. input 100-240vac; output32vdc @ 30 watts. Interested in reducing out put voltage with at least 2 amp capability via pot. Any help would be appreciated.]

Output voltage reducing over 20% not recommended (except transformer modification).

Bryant1968 said:
Thanks, Sebi. That would leave me with over 24v still. I was hoping to drop to around 13.5 to 14 vcd.

Rewind the secondary of the transformer!, and redesign the feedback accordingly - first job is to draw out the exact circuit that you currently have!.

I also did the same thing, take a printer power supply. Mine was an Epson though. Look at the metal shields protecting the power supply, type the number you find on it and type in Google, +p/n +HP +repair , this will bring up links to PDFs that HP provides to the public, but designed for Printer repairmen. The PDF file includes a schematic of the Power supply and the rest of the printer. Hope this helps you in your venture. You usually can't find these PDFs on the companys site directly, thats why you have to use those search parameters. I guess they think the file will just confuse most people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back