Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Printer Port control 16 LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtdyx

The printer port on our PC only have 8 output. Now i'm facing problem in writing a program in assembly language and constructing a circuit to display more than 5 pattern with 16 LED. Any hints or idea how to start ?

The printer port on our PC only have 8 output. Now i'm facing problem in writing a program in assembly language and constructing a circuit to display more than 5 pattern with 16 LED. Any hints or idea how to start ?

hi,
Use 4 of the PC para lines thru a decoder to control 16 latches, use the other 4 para lines to write the data to the latches/

The decoder you're saying is demultiplexer or ? sorry, i don't really understand.

Look at the HEF4514 decoder and the various latches HEF 4043, 4033, HEF4508

A 4 to 16 decode will give 16 output lines, use these as latch selects for the latches.
The data for tha latch inputs could be the spare 4 lines from thre PC port.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back