Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Printer ink problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananasiong

Hi,
I've found a problem using the printer of EPSON. The attached is the ink of the printer. There is a small circuit board which looks like a sim card. It is an indicator of quantity of the ink being used. The printer will count approximately how much the ink is left. My problem is, when the monitor shows that there is no ink anymore, the printer stop printing, even there is 1/4 to 1/3 of ink left.
i've found the boss of a computer shop own a device that can reset the small circuit board, so the monitor will show 'full', until u finish using the ink. But he refused to tell me where to buy it or how to make it. Because he uses that for earning money. So, can anyone help me to solve this problem? Maybe the way to reset it. That is very wasteful if there is ink inside and u throw it away. Thanks..

bananasiong

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 255
Epson has a class action case against them, might want to google for it. They tell users the ink it done with 20% left in the cartrige. I think they are giving $45 for online spending if you fill out there form. I have many epsons and did not do it. But $45 will buy some ink. On the little unit you are looking for

i know that reseter.. but can i reset using software without removing the ink? Straight away from the computer. Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back