Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdahl

Hi,

Anyone got any experience with pressure and integrated components. Does the produsers make sure the components don't contain small air pockets so it won't implode, or do I have to pressure test everything.

The datasheet for this hall sensor doesn't say anything about this condisions.

Anyone got experience with this?

why? I want to up it underwater, 50 bar. Will it survive?

Johannes

Attachments

• 1101.pdf
    266.9 KB · Views: 272
Hi,

Anyone got any experience with pressure and integrated components. Does the produsers make sure the components don't contain small air pockets so it won't implode, or do I have to pressure test everything.

The datasheet for this hall sensor doesn't say anything about this condisions.

Anyone got experience with this?

why? I want to up it underwater, 50 bar. Will it survive?

Johannes

I would be very surprised if the IC packaging was rated to handle 50 bars of pressure, but only a call the manufacture will confirm that.

Lefty

Your link for the pdf is not any good, it is corrupt.

Isn't 50 Bar like 1600 feet. Crush depth for many things, but I think an IC might handle it.

Last edited:
When I try to DL, I get a unable to open warning. Hmm, maybe I need to update.

This is the message I get.

Attachments

• pdf.jpg
    pdf.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 146
I just talked to the manufacturers, it had never been tried, but the material will absorb some water so it's not sutible for long term use. But for a short amount or time, it will do the job.

Last edited:
Hi jdahl,

you might try this: cast the entire circuit in water clear epoxy. It is absolutely water tight, and small air enclosures shouldn't matter at 50 bar. Small pressure tanks with a maximum pressure of 300 bar (~4,800psi) and a volume of max 3 liters are allowed for use without x-raying the welding spots. So I guess 50 bar is a pretty low pressure value compared to that.

The lesser the air enclosures in the epoxy the more will be the usable depth. If there is nothing to compress (gases) the depth is unlimited.

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back