Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pressure sensor MPX2200dp

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallboy404

Hello guys !!
i would like to know how to connect Motorola MPX2200dp pressure sensor to a pic18f452
i know it gives two pressure p1 and p2 but how to connect it to pic and get the real pressure value ?? after searching on net i found that they say have to use differentiel AOP
how to do that , need help plz as soon as possible !!!
thanks

hi,
The differential outputs P1 and P2 are in the mV range, 40mV maximum is specified in the datasheet.

This means that the P1 and P2 signals need to be amplified using OPA's, before connection to the PIC's ADC input.

If you just want to measure differential pressure you could consider a Instrumentation Amplifier.

For absolute pressure relative to ambient atmospheric measurement, one chamber would be open to the atmosphere.

For relative pressure, one chamber is connected to P1 source pressure and P2 to the other pressure source.

How do you intend to use the MPX.???

Last edited:
thanks for reply
in fact i supposed to use MPX5100 but didn't find it on market so, i found MPX2200dp
i think schematic of MPX5100 was clear to me and it works greatfully on simulation , i use MPX sensor to mesure atmospheric pressure
just to see its influence on pv system (also i mesure current ,voltage , temperature and solar radiation )
so, do i need to use instumentation aop ? then how value will be calculated ?
if its possible show me a schematic !!plz
thanks

thanks for reply
in fact i supposed to use MPX5100 but didn't find it on market so, i found MPX2200dp
i think schematic of MPX5100 was clear to me and it works greatfully on simulation , i use MPX sensor to mesure atmospheric pressure
just to see its influence on pv system (also i mesure current ,voltage , temperature and solar radiation )
so, do i need to use instumentation aop ? then how value will be calculated ?
if its possible show me a schematic !!plz
thanks

Hi,
The 2200dp is really not suited to measuring atmospheric ambient pressure.

I will re-look thru the datasheet.

hi,
Checking the datasheet, look at this image.

If you sealed one Port at a known pressure, say 1000mB and left the other Port open to the ambient air pressure, for a change from 750mB to 1250mB, you would only get a 10mV change in output.

This would mean a OPA gain of 500 to give a 0V to 5V change for an ADC input.

I would recommend you get your original pressure sensor type, this one IMO is not suitable.

E.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back