Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pressure mat

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltne002000

Dear all,

I am no electronic expert, I recently purchased a (std pressure mat) from maplin code = YB91... I would like to be able to add this device to an analogue interface box that we have. The box has 2 connections for each analogue device, normally (ground and +/-10V dc) The mat that I purchased has 4 contacts and thats it... Could someone please advise me as to whether i can do this.
Many thanks :)

Here is the link to the mat

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Dear all,

I am no electronic expert, I recently purchased a (std pressure mat) from maplin code = YB91... I would like to be able to add this device to an analogue interface box that we have. The box has 2 connections for each analogue device, normally (ground and +/-10V dc) The mat that I purchased has 4 contacts and thats it... Could someone please advise me as to whether i can do this.
Many thanks :)

Here is the link to the mat

**broken link removed**

hi,
Normally these 4 wires are, 2 for for normally open contact [close when stepped on] and a the other 2 wires are a continous loop for 'tamper' detection.

You can apply 5Vdc to the mat wires, when stepped it will close the circuit, limit the current to a few mA, less than 10mA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back