Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Precision op amp choosing suggession

Status
Not open for further replies.

picstudent

I am using a 13 bit ADC to measure the voltage across a shunt resistor.
The 0 to .1V DC is amplified and offset to .7 to 3.2 volts approximately (centered around 2.048V reference).

please see this thread also
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/sampling-frequency-for-a-dc-signal.88638/

Even though I initially draw the circuit around LM324, based on the feed back I received from the forum I changed the opamp to TL084 and then to OP07. OP07 for the first stage and then TL084 for the rest stages. Please see circuit attached.

After the amplifier I plan to use a low pass filter with very low cutoff frequency so that noise is suppressed. OP07 is relatively low cost and locally available. Do you think we can get any performence improvement if we go for a modern costly low noise and high precision opamp in my case as the first stage? (OP07 is dual supply - inconvenient in a way!)

So first stage OP07 to raise the signal to handling levels and rest offsetting,comparing low passing etc on TL084. That is my plan now. Any suggestions please.
Thanks a lot

Roy

Attachments

• ONState.jpg
    ONState.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 113
  • OffState.jpg
    OffState.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads