Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pre-Interview Jitters

Status
Not open for further replies.
We get interview help techniques as I am about to wonder out into the world of commerce. A great tip for messed up interviews.........

Look at this way, your under stress and foof it up, you go home and at that point you have zero to loose. So, get back on the phone and call the guy that did the interview up. Be really straight with him and say you wanted the job so badly your brain froze, tell him your aware how bad it went etc. But then hit him with good stuff, do your research know what they do and make and ask HIM questions, show interest in them and ask for another shot.

Second time is never as bad as the first, walk in say sorry about the last time then smile at them and do your thing :D

We get interview help techniques as I am about to wonder out into the world of commerce. A great tip for messed up interviews.........

Look at this way, your under stress and foof it up, you go home and at that point you have zero to loose. So, get back on the phone and call the guy that did the interview up. Be really straight with him and say you wanted the job so badly your brain froze, tell him your aware how bad it went etc. But then hit him with good stuff, do your research know what they do and make and ask HIM questions, show interest in them and ask for another shot.

Second time is never as bad as the first, walk in say sorry about the last time then smile at them and do your thing :D

This may work for a smaller company where maybe this approach may work. Unfortunately for larger companies where you interview with multiple interviewers (in my case, six), and contact information is not shared, there is little chance of contacting the interviewers.
The way I see it, part of the interview process is seeing how one can perform under stressful conditions as the job entails many stressful situations like meeting deadlines, a design flaw discovered in production, etc. So in the end, if you foof up in the interview, take it as an area where you need to work on confidence building, and perhaps skill building as well. Had I been more technically prepared I imagine that my nervousness would not have be so powerful.
At any rate, I did not get that job, but learned from the experience, prepared myself better for the next interview, and indeed I landed the job. All in all, I had two interviews, the first a bust, the second was a success. What else can I say.
I am sure as you go through the job seeking process, your experiences will be very unique, and in as much as schooling tries to prepare you in you new career frontier, you will quickly discover that there is no magic formula to landing a job. Each position applied for will have its own thing that will either make or break you.
My only advice could possibly be, be honest about what you know, show integrity and give the interviewer a sense of your work ethic.

Hi M,
Glad you got the second job, and it was was you expected.
I once went for a job, albeit not a big firm like the one you went to. When I walked in, I was central to all of the people in the office, so didn't know which one to address. I kind of kept turning round, and started laughing at the absurdity of it. I got the job. (Installing pig feeding systems, pew!)
C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back