Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pre amp help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Groves

Hi Guys, well i just got around to finishing my colour organ and all is now fine when i apply a line level signal, i now wish to add a pre amp at the front end so i can select either mic or line to drive the circuit, i don't know much about pre amps in terms of input/output voltages but i am assuming with a mic insert, i am dealing with a few micro volts? i need to raise this to a couple hundred millivolts using an op amp since i have one half of a dual op amp unused on my board, i can't seem to find a circuit online surprisingly, could someone point me in the right direction please?

Neil.

A microphone has an output of about 10mV when it is about 10cm in front of your mouth and you are talking in a normal conversation level.
Then the preamp needs a gain of about 200 so that a volume control can adjust its level up or down.

Use a low noise audio opamp for the preamp.

Last edited:
Here is the circuit image from the website....sans all the explanations about its operation.

An entire weekend?
2 minutes to design the circuit and maybe 5 minutes to build it.
Then 2 minutes to get the generator and 'scope warmed up.
The actual test takes a few seconds.

Drink wine or beer for the remainder of the weekend.

lol....your forgetting you are way more experienced than me, i try to take my time and learn something along the way.

thanks Audioguru.

Neil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back