Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PowerLine Noise Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmcd32

Hi Guys, I've come up against a small problem. I live in rural alabama and have my Broadband delivered over the powerline to my cabin. The issue I have is that I have awful performance due to poor s-n ratio. What I'd like to do is have a tunable/adjustable noise filter that I can alter easily ti tune in the best network response.

Anyway, any help appreciated. I can sling together a simple noise filter but have a feeling something cute is required.

Thanks

john

BPL is crap. The greedy idiots that conceived it sold it to the FCC who approved it in spite of the fact that it interferes with licensed radio services. I'm glad to hear that it interferes with itself.

You sound like an angry man!! BPL never worked for LAN's now they've moved it over to national grid it's just plain daft!! However I need some help in designing a filter with tuning capabilities....

I don't know much about BPL except most use the frequencies between 1.7 and 80 MHz. You don't say if you have upload, download or both problems. You might check your own wiring and check for local noise sources. After that I guess a bandpass filter might help the incoming signal.

This is after the cariier has been stripped out and passed to the house from the local demodulator. The signal there is fine [apparently]. Really looking at a bandpass filter that I can tune in. The noise sources seem to be transient from week to week....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back