Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Powering my circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

djstumerch

I everyone I have built a circuit which will need powering. It requires 15+ and 15- and I would like to power it through a DC Input.

I have another circuit which is 12V and this uses a N4006 Diode, 220uF Electrolytic Capacitor, 8L05 Transistor and a 100nF capacitor along with the DC input to power it.

Would this be ok to use on a 15V Circuit?

Thanks Stu

Attachments

• LFO.GIF
    LFO.GIF
    17.6 KB · Views: 189
  • 12v dc.GIF
    12v dc.GIF
    5.2 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
A '78L05 is not a transistor; it is a three-legged linear regulator. It makes 5V; not 15. You can buy a '78L15 or a '7815 which will make 15V.

To get the -15V for a dual (split) supply, you will need to get a '79L15 or '7915, and you will need a second set of components in the blue box,

Since you need a center tapped transformer, you cannot use a single output DC wall wart. If you can get a 20 to 25VAC wall wart, write back, and I will show you how to use that to get a split supply.

This what the dual/split supply will look like: Do not use 1N4001s; use 1N4004 to 1N4007s, instead.
**broken link removed**

there are a great few tutorials in a Sticky post on the General Electronics Chat about power supplies. It is a guy who talks about the basics of a power supply even talking about center tapped transformers creating +12 and -12v but it can be adjusted to any voltage. A link is here: link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back