Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Powering a headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

throughstream

Question: I have cigarette lighter output on my motorbike and also a head set device. The headset device runs off 2 AAA batteries with no way of connecting power any other way. I am able to power my tom tom through usb from the cigarette lighter however I would like to power my head set the same way, is there anyway I could connect wires from a usb output to the headset, would this automatically set the correct voltage/ Amps (my electronic knowledge is minimal). I have noticed that you can buy usb to AAA chargers. If I soldered the wires to go from the charging bit to the head set would that work or does it use low amps to charge... I don’t know. Anyway hope that makes sense.

Cheers
Dave

I deal with this powering ANR headsets in aircraft; similar problem. Building a voltage regulator that drops 14V to 3V is easy; wiring it so that you do not get alternator whine (from the vehicle's charging system) in the headset audio is hard.

What are you going to be listening to?

I deal with this powering ANR headsets in aircraft; similar problem. Building a voltage regulator that drops 14V to 3V is easy; wiring it so that you do not get alternator whine (from the vehicle's charging system) in the headset audio is hard.

What are you going to be listening to?

lol well the tom tom mostly and the gf sometimes

Start by reading the **broken link removed**.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back