Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power surge parts list Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happytobehere

In this Youtube vid
the poster mentions a part called a MOV but doesn't mention the specs of the MOV so I could know what to purchase to build the surge protector. Could someone be so kind to figure out the part number of the MOV so I would know what to purchase to complete this project. This project is of course for a 120 volt US AC household outlet project. Thanks so much in advance for any and all help with this.

Any of these should be OK (as well as many others).

You need a type with a working AC voltage rating of around 125V.
The higher the peak current or joule dissipation, the better the protection - the larger the power spike it can withstand without failing.

These are pretty high ratings, without going to stupidly expensive ones:

I need to ask you a question:

Do you happen to have a furnace with an ECM blower? Carrier is a good example. Does your driveway monitor not work when the blower is blowing?

If the answer is yes, then an electrical filter needs to be placed on the furnace. I have to locate the p/n.

Me: X-10 device
Carrier 58MVB furnace

After loosing a couple of X-10 modules and them not working when the blower is on, I did upgrade to UPB, but did not finish the upgrade,
The UPB module is still working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back