Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid people cause car accidents, it doesn't matter if they drive on the left or on the right, they are still stupid.
Some dummies step on the wrong pedal.

Last night it was raining hard. There were car accidents all over the place. An SUV passed me going sideways (usually they flip over).

I've never, heard of a SUV, I had to Google it, Sports Utility Vehicle; is that a Canadian thing?

I've never, heard of a SUV, I had to Google it, Sports Utility Vehicle; is that a Canadian thing?
An American SUV is common in Canada, usually upside-down because of its high center of gravity. They are huge and waste a lot of gasoline. If one parks beside you then you can't see if another car is coming when you move from a parking space. Because they are high, their bumper is also too high and kills many people in cars during a crash. They are basically a truck with 7 or 8 seats.
A LandRover is an SUV (with its steering wheel on the wrong side).

Attachments

• SUV.PNG
    SUV.PNG
    111.5 KB · Views: 143
Stupid people cause car accidents, it doesn't matter if they drive on the left or on the right, they are still stupid.
Some dummies step on the wrong pedal.

According to my observation you are absolutely right,

...and waste a lot of gasoline.

SUVs don't waste gasoline. They use precisely as much gasoline as they're designed to, neither more nor less. Anyone can get the advertised mileage in an SUV. If an SUV advertises 18MPG but gets only 10, that might constitute wasting gasoline.

However, if you mean they don't get the mileage that small cars do, of course. There's so much less mass with a small car. Simple physics.

On the other hand, if you're trying to distill upon others your inate sense of what people should be driving, well, that's a whole 'nother matter :)

I detest seeing huge SUVs rolling over and over and over and over along my street.
They create as much air pollution as 3 or 4 ordinary cars.
Their huge shadow makes everything look dark.
My local gas station has never run dry but if it does then I will blame the gas-guzzler SUVs.

I detest seeing huge SUVs rolling over and over and over and over along my street.

Agreed, that's a bummer.

They create as much air pollution as 3 or 4 ordinary cars.

Not so. Perhaps twice as much (say 2.5l engine vs. 5.0l engine, twice the fuel, or half the MPG, twice the pollution).

Their huge shadow makes everything look dark.

I'm not sure what that means.

My local gas station has never run dry but if it does then I will blame the gas-guzzler SUVs.

Fine, sounds good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back