Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

integra

I am trying to build a 5V power supply with battery back up for one of my projects that involves TTL ICs. I need help in the battery change over part due to the following reasons:

1. The battery that i have is a 6V (5Ahr) rechargable lead acid cell (i cannot directly supply it to the ICs since Vccmax=5.25V)
2. I need a glitch free change over circuit.
3. I am not sure about the current that should be provided for trickle charging the battery.

pls post ur valuable suggestions.

Us an LM317 regulator to charge the 6V lead acid battery to about 7V and a low dropout regualtor like the LM2940CT-5.0 to supply your digital circuit from the battery.

Don't worry about limiting the battery charge current, the LM317 has built-in over current protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back