Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Supply Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

brittam

Hi!

My question is one about a power supply.

First, I just want to give you a quick background about my project.

I have assembled 4 separate electronic LED light boxes, each of which in their original state were powered by an Input 120 VAC 60 hz 12w with an output of 8v AC 1 amp power adapter into one unit by joining the internal power cords of each unit together.

My question is~~~

What power adapter would I need to power the now 1 unit safely? (in terms of electrical requirements)

Thank You,
Graham

LEDs ideally require a constant current supply rather than a constant voltage supply.

Using a resistor in series with the LEDs is alright for low power levels if you're not bothered about efficiency.

More information is required here, at the very least you need to give:
Forward current?
Forwars voltage?

The above can be found from the datasheet; if you don't have access to this then you can normally estimate it from the colour of the LEDs. This can be found from Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LED_circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back