Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Supply of 5V

Status
Not open for further replies.

directx995

Hello everyone,

I'm new here so I will do a fast introduction. My name is Ivan, I am software engineer and graphic designer from Serbia.
I consider myself creative (yeah, creative graphic designer :D:D:D:eek:) so I want to make a lamp. I am absolute newbie with electronics, so I will share my idea with you.
It's small lamp, meant to be on your desk or nightstand. Now I have one problem. I intent to use a USB A from PC as power supply and adapter for ones that are on nightstand.Problem is lamp have wireless charger and LED inside.
Option 1 Wireless Charger use input of DC5V / 2A
Option 2 Wireless Charger use input of DC5V / 1A
For LEDs i still didn't calculate how many of them should I put.
What do you think guys, is it possible to get all this power from USB or should i switch to dedicated power supply of 12 or 24V for this?

Kind regards from Serbia
And stay home, be safe

Why jeopardize your PC for a project like this, it would be better to use a dedicated supply, just in case!
Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back