Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power supply help

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermaine

I'm looking for triple output dc power supply output having +15V , -15V and -5V.
I did managed to find +15V , -15V but +5V. I need to get this power supply to do a report writng. Anyone have any idea what manufacturer and what manufacturer part number? Please advise.

Not really.

As Russlk said, it might be posible to reverse the polarity of the +5, but this would require a lot of work. You might find that by the time you have taken to case apart (let alone hacked the PS apart), you could have put a -5V regulator in anyway.

Anyone come across this power supply for triple output dc power supply output having +15V , -15V and -5V? What's the manufacturer part number? Please advise. Thanks

what amperage is necesary if 1 or under u could make up your own ps and by using the 78xx regulators and 79xx regulators u can have any regulated voltage under what the transformer supplys. u can also use a single output transformer and seperately rectify the two halfs of the ac wave to obtain - and + this means of course two half wave rectifiers and the amperage will be half as there will be half going to each polarity.
if u need more than and amp i think that there are more powerful versions of the said regulators that make up to 5 amps remeber that if u drop 15 volts to 5 then that is 10 volts drop and considerable power dissipation so u may be limited on the amps so as to not burn the regulator out. seperate transformer windings r advisable as this is also more efficient that wasting 60% or more of the transformers output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back