Power supply help

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermaine

I'm looking for triple output dc power supply output having +15V , -15V and -5V.
I did managed to find +15V , -15V but +5V. I need to get this power supply to do a report writng. Anyone have any idea what manufacturer and what manufacturer part number? Please advise.

How about putting a -5V regulator on the -15 volt supply? If the +5V output is from a seperate winding on the transformer, you may be able to reverse the polarity.

Not really.

As Russlk said, it might be posible to reverse the polarity of the +5, but this would require a lot of work. You might find that by the time you have taken to case apart (let alone hacked the PS apart), you could have put a -5V regulator in anyway.

Anyone come across this power supply for triple output dc power supply output having +15V , -15V and -5V? What's the manufacturer part number? Please advise. Thanks

what amperage is necesary if 1 or under u could make up your own ps and by using the 78xx regulators and 79xx regulators u can have any regulated voltage under what the transformer supplys. u can also use a single output transformer and seperately rectify the two halfs of the ac wave to obtain - and + this means of course two half wave rectifiers and the amperage will be half as there will be half going to each polarity.
if u need more than and amp i think that there are more powerful versions of the said regulators that make up to 5 amps remeber that if u drop 15 volts to 5 then that is 10 volts drop and considerable power dissipation so u may be limited on the amps so as to not burn the regulator out. seperate transformer windings r advisable as this is also more efficient that wasting 60% or more of the transformers output

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…