Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Supply Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

glbreil

I have a Cosel LDC15F-1 power suppy that is supposed to be the correct replacement for an obsolete TOKO power supply on a circuit board in one of my machines.

The new Cosel power supply is 115 volt ac input and the outputs are G1-V1=+5vdc, G2-V2=+12vdc and G2-V3=-12vdc The G1 and G2 are isolated from each other and there is no voltage from G1 to V2 or V3 or G2 to V1.

On the old TOKO power supply G1 and G2 are connected and the the outputs are G1 or G2-V1=5vdc and G1 or G2-V2=+12vdc and G1 or G2-V3=-12vdc.

The circuit board that this feeds only has 1 connection for both G1 and G2 is it okay to connect both the G1 and G2 together on the one terminal on the new power supply?

This is supposed to be a correct replacement and I assume that is is fine, but just thougt I would inquire of someone who knows.

Thanks Gary

If the outputs are isolated, that means they are independent and can be used any way you want. You'll be fine connecting G1 and G2.

Thanks for the help, I thought it would be ok, or at least I couldn't see any other option except to connect them. I was just a little hesitant to do it with out another opinion.

Thanks Again Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back