Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power supply for TDA1554

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankwas

Hi all.

I want to build a big sound system in my room. But to make it a reality, I need to built amps for the speakers. Now I'm going to use two amps:

Firstly: 2X TDA1554
Secondly: 2X TDA 1514a

This is the problem: I want to build all the amps into one box and if possible use one transformer and power supply to power all four amps. Can anyone help me with suggestions? I have another query as well: How do I use the mute/stand by option for the TDA 1514a?

Thanks

The Frank

frankwas said:
Hi all.

I want to build a big sound system in my room. But to make it a reality, I need to built amps for the speakers. Now I'm going to use two amps:

Firstly: 2X TDA1554
Secondly: 2X TDA 1514a

This is the problem: I want to build all the amps into one box and if possible use one transformer and power supply to power all four amps. Can anyone help me with suggestions? I have another query as well: How do I use the mute/stand by option for the TDA 1514a?

As with anything, the datasheets should tell you what you want to know, particularly about the muting pin.

As for a PSU, assuming they all use the same voltage, a single transformer would be fine - bear in mind it will need to be able to provide four times the current of a single amplifier transformer. Plus the rectifiers and smoothing capacitors would need to be four times larger as well. Although you could always use seperate rectifiers and capacitors to each amplifier from a single transformer.

yea best getting the data sheets :wink:

if its like the TDA1553q, it requires between something like 9-18V and a supply capable of 4A+ i think. So if u decide on one transformer, its gonna be pretty huge! but shouldnt be any problems, just a tad pricey...

the muting pin should be wired with a cap i think aswell, otherwise u get a clicking noise, but no hectic problem.

Hi all.

Thanks for all the input. I already have a transformer, a 25V 3.2A. Is the quiesent current the current the IC pulls at the rated voltage?

I have just found out that the IC pulls 5A, 12V at full power. However, I'm never gonna run it at full power. If I use a 25V, 3.2A transformer, what do I need to build for the power supply?

If you can give me a schematic, it would be great.

Thanks,

The Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back