Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power supply for sevos

Status
Not open for further replies.

nagrajdgr8

hello everyone,

I am doing a project in making a Biped walking robot.I have 6 servomotor for various joints..I have problem in power supply for the servomotors.can you suggest a driver cicuit for the 6 servos..

any help will be greatly appreciated..
thank you..

Hi there,

You could use a pack of 4 batteries to do this without needing to regulate the circuit for the servos etc.
However if you want to use a regulated circuit then look at using the 2amp version of the 7805, a 5 volt regulator. Look up for the datasheet, that will give you a diagram of how to wire it etc.

Very simple, just needs a couple of capacitors, one for either side of the supply in / out etc

Regards

Requesting a power supply and a driver circuit are two separate problems. The 5 volt regulator may not provide sufficient power for the servos; it depends on the servos voltage rating. Often they rerequire 6 volts.
You do know that servos are driven differently than standard motors? I use a serial controller from Lynxmotion (SSC-32) to drive my servos. You can program a microcontroller, such as a PIC, to drive the servos.

Servos are little complex as far as power supply is considered,A general hobby servo motor requires max of 6V regulated supply but it takes current of the order of 2-3A.For that high current voltage regulators are required as given in datasheet of 7805.It uses a power transistor(MJE 2955) as switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back