Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power supply for laptop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

Would it be safe to run a laptop rated at 13v 2.77a (36w) on 12v? I am too cheap to buy another power adapter, so i was thinking of runing the laptop off of an old psu for a computer...

The laptop isn't anything really important, just one i had left over from parts, so if it get a little abused, it will be ok...

Last edited:
I don't plan on putting the battery in this one... :) That might be suicide as it is...

I woudn't worry, if it's a decent design it should work from a fairly wide supply voltage range, it'll probably be fine when operated from 11V to 15V.

I'll give it a go in a few minutes...

I think the most important thing is that you're using a STABLE power supply that's FILTERED. This shouldn't be a problem if it's an old pc power supply.
As everyone else said, a volt or so difference shouldn't cause a problem.

Yes, the psu will be a stable filtered supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back