Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power supply design (12V, -12V and 5V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mugzzzzy

hi,
if any of ya have a design for a power supply that can provide -12,12 and 5v... plz lemme know

ty :D

use IC LM7805 for 5V, LM7812 for 12V and LM7912 for -12V.. at Imax=1A search for datasheet of this ICs, eg. **broken link removed**

PS: for more power you can use a source AT from a old PC :wink: without more complication just use a bulb lamp 12W/5W at 12V output

The PC supply need load always on 5V output, because the voltage feedback workig from 5V output.

Here is a simple circuit.

Attachments

• CT_-sup.GIF
    CT_-sup.GIF
    3.2 KB · Views: 898
Capacitor's value depend from desired load. 2200uF enough for 500..600mA. The decoupling caps are 100nF.Transformer secondary voltage min. 2*7.5V AC.

Hi,

I am attaching the schematic of a circuit. I need to power up this entire circuit using batteries. Basically i need two sets of voltages, "+-12 V for the opamps and +-6 for the 50Kohm resistor in the schematic.(This is not my design). If anyone has an idea how can I do this I would be very much greatful if you can share that with me. I would really appreciate if you can explain the power circuitry design please.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 50Hz Notch filter and the subsequent electronics.jpg
    50Hz Notch filter and the subsequent electronics.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 428
remember the regs need 3+v

to operate properly they need 3v higher than your desired voltage.
7812 needs 15v

heres a sample

of a virtual ground power supply 12+-grd-12-
just add the 7805 and some caps
may need a bigger transformer or in your case more batteries

Attachments

• Capture2-20-2009-8.57.07 PM.jpg
    Capture2-20-2009-8.57.07 PM.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 268
A simple voltage divider on each 12v source should suffice for your
+/- 6v inputs, so you really only need +12v and -12v sources.
<als>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back