power supply design (12V, -12V and 5V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mugzzzzy

hi,
if any of ya have a design for a power supply that can provide -12,12 and 5v... plz lemme know

ty

use IC LM7805 for 5V, LM7812 for 12V and LM7912 for -12V.. at Imax=1A search for datasheet of this ICs, eg. **broken link removed**

PS: for more power you can use a source AT from a old PC :wink: without more complication just use a bulb lamp 12W/5W at 12V output

The PC supply need load always on 5V output, because the voltage feedback workig from 5V output.

Here is a simple circuit.

Attachments

• CT_-sup.GIF
    3.2 KB · Views: 903
Capacitor's value depend from desired load. 2200uF enough for 500..600mA. The decoupling caps are 100nF.Transformer secondary voltage min. 2*7.5V AC.

Hi,

I am attaching the schematic of a circuit. I need to power up this entire circuit using batteries. Basically i need two sets of voltages, "+-12 V for the opamps and +-6 for the 50Kohm resistor in the schematic.(This is not my design). If anyone has an idea how can I do this I would be very much greatful if you can share that with me. I would really appreciate if you can explain the power circuitry design please.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 50Hz Notch filter and the subsequent electronics.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 431
remember the regs need 3+v

to operate properly they need 3v higher than your desired voltage.
7812 needs 15v

heres a sample

of a virtual ground power supply 12+-grd-12-
just add the 7805 and some caps
may need a bigger transformer or in your case more batteries

Attachments

• Capture2-20-2009-8.57.07 PM.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 276
A simple voltage divider on each 12v source should suffice for your
+/- 6v inputs, so you really only need +12v and -12v sources.
<als>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…