Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Supply Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

E2K

I need a circuit that can convert a 12V 12 Amp/hour battery voltage to 6V 4.5Amp/hour . Or how i can obtain 6V 4.5A from 12V 12 Amp/hour battery

Try MC34167/33167 from OnSemi.com

Datasheet: Fig 19 shows a 12 volt to 5 volt 5 amp design. Add R1 to move up to 6 volts.
Vin 10 to 36 volts (will pull under 3 amps from battery)
Vout 5 (or 6 volts) @ 5 amps

E2K said:
I need a circuit that can convert a 12V 12 Amp/hour battery voltage to 6V 4.5Amp/hour . Or how i can obtain 6V 4.5A from 12V 12 Amp/hour battery

Your goal is too modest. You are asking how to convert something that can deliver 144 watt-hours to something that only delivers 27 watt-hours, so you are asking for something very inefficient. This can easily be done with a series voltage regulator rated at 5 amps and with a big heatsink. Consider the LM338K mounted on a heatsink that can deliver less than 1 degree C per watt of thermal convection.

A better goal might be to ask for 6V but with 20 A-H capacity.

Or, even easier, you can buy one of these:
https://www.powerstream.com/dc-3318.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back