Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Power Supply" book recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

pop

Hi,

Does anybody own or has anybody read this book? (see below)

Power Supplies, 2nd edition
Projects for the Hobbyist and Technician
Author: David Lines

What are your impressions?

The book is pretty cheap, but I'd like to know if it is practical, because as it is I have too many books collecting dust! :D.
I have read 2 reviews on Amazon but I could not find the table of contents to see if the book covers any introductory aspects of practical design of switched mode supplies. For those of you who have the book, could you please quickly tell me what material does the book cover.

Do you recommend any other power supply books? I am mainly looking for practical design power supply books and math and theory are not an issue...well at least not yet:D

Thank you.

pop said:
Hi,

Does anybody own or has anybody read this book? (see below)

Power Supplies, 2nd edition
Projects for the Hobbyist and Technician
Author: David Lines

What are your impressions?

The book is pretty cheap, but I'd like to know if it is practical, because as it is I have too many books collecting dust! :D.
I have read 2 reviews on Amazon but I could not find the table of contents to see if the book covers any introductory aspects of practical design of switched mode supplies. For those of you who have the book, could you please quickly tell me what material does the book cover.

Do you recommend any other power supply books? I am mainly looking for practical design power supply books and math and theory are not an issue...well at least not yet:D

Thank you.

Have not read that one. Looked over reviews and based on the length & listings of material covered, my impression is that it is very basic. The price is reasonable and probably a good buy for the utmost beginner. However, I think you will outgrow it very quickly. My list:

* Simplified Design of Switching Power Supplies by LENK
* Power Supply cookbook by BROWN
* Switchmode Power Supply Handbook by BILLINGS
* Switching Power Supply Design by PRESSMAN

All worthy of having a place in your library. Some consider PRESSMAN'S book the "bible" of switchmode design, I've used it many times.

Thanks Optikon!

I've run accross Power Supply Cookbook on the net quite a few times, so I will give it a first try. I'll lookup the other books that you posted as I am interested in starting some practical work on Switched-mode supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back