Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power save in pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

jibu

hi all,
does any one worked on a pic ckt. powered by 6v battery which works for long duration( months :D ).i am using a pic16f628A attached to a rf receiver. i need to receive a data, based on this an led is lit up. the rf receiver is powered through the pic. i tried using WDT and SLEEP mode. But the power saving is not happening :cry: . i put the prescaler set to 2.3s .
Plz help. Thanks in advance.
jibu.

jibu said:
hi all,
does any one worked on a pic ckt. powered by 6v battery which works for long duration( months :D ).i am using a pic16f628A attached to a rf receiver. i need to receive a data, based on this an led is lit up. the rf receiver is powered through the pic. i tried using WDT and SLEEP mode. But the power saving is not happening :cry: . i put the prescaler set to 2.3s .
Plz help. Thanks in advance.
jibu.

Are you sure the power is being used by the PIC and not the regulator? Normal regs will take much more current to run than the chip in SLEEP mode. If you can be really sure of the maximum battery voltage at any temp or charge state and the exact value of Vdd is not too critical, you can use a couple of diodes to drop it to 4.6v which of course consumes no quiescent current.

Some of the config options can result in a bit higher currents consumed during sleep mode, WDT and BOR in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back