Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power output problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgetwo

hi
I replaced a Compaq p4 pc power supply with a new p4 Q-link, the problem is, whenever i insert a cd and start installation, the pc goes of. which may indicate that the power supply cant sustain the entire pc. what do i add to the circuit to increase the output power apart from an AVR stabliser?

This could also indicate that your CPU is running to hot or memory problems or PCI problems (e.g. video Card, Audio Card, etc) more info would be good how about some images.

It cant be those because the pc only turns off when the cd rom drive is undertaking a high speed spin. which do hapen when ur cd workman has a low battery.

What is a q-link?? Some type of ps unit? try booting from any linux cd and at the boot prompt, do the memtest function.

Or grab the Hiren's all in one CD ;)

Q-link is a very model of ps in my area, made in China. if i insert any cd and the cd rom starts spining hard, the pc turns off. which meas i cant booth with any cd.
can any one show me how to increase the power otput ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back