Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Mosfet Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ssam87

Hi guys,

I'm back again after your help worked out so well last time giving me an understanding. Now I am required to build a power mosfet switch with changing positions and was hoping for some help / advice on my ideas / results.

The first task is;
Draw a low side pwoer switch using a power mosfet as the switch for driving a 10 amp load.

To which I have drawn this
Attached file

the second task is;
if the switch becomes inductive (20uH) and it takes 200ns to turn off to 0A what will the fly back voltage be present at the transistor? draw a circuit marking flyback voltage and polarity?

This one I am unsure of because in my text I can't find any equations that I can utilize because I have not been given the applied voltage in the first place I only have the inductance rating, time and ona nd off amp ratings? Can anyone shine some equations / light on this query?

regards
Samuel

Attachments

• Switch.jpg
    Switch.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 263
okay wooops, i accidentally uploaded the wrong image, that picture is meant for the second part, obviously in the first part the load would not have a diode in parallel with it

Your questions about current rise time and the action of the snubber diode are partially answered in this thread. Look at the sims

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back