Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pramod P

Hi, I am a Application Engineer .

I have worked on Low Power Designs earlier,
but now i have taken few projects on High Power Modules
i need some exact difference between half brick,quarter brick and Full brick power modules which is not available in the Web

can some one help me on this.

The only difference is size.... You can get a 100watt brick, half brick and quarter brick....

Just check out the datasheets of each to see if a heatsink is required.... If you have room to use a half brick but the brick needs a heat sink, then you need more room...

Thank you for replaying, But as per Datasheets : output parameters also varies with respect to the Bricks
is it rite .

So what is it you really need to know...

ie... A 75w brick can supply 24V@ 3A... 12v @ 6A... or 5V @ 12A.... ( approx amps )

So if you want a brick to give 12v @ 2A then you may not need a heatsink.. but the expense of the brick is more..

A 24W brick will supply 2A but may need a heatsink..... It's up to you to design..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back