Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Line Communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Itaing

Hi there,
I'm thinking of doing a power line modem (PLC) that transfers on the home power line an audio/video signal from my PC to my TV....th problem is that I have no idea how to modulate the signal!!
Maybe I can use frequency modulation...what u think?? Have u an idea??
help me please

Last edited:
Yes, Frequency Modulation will be use for this purpose, One option is to go for FSK modulation, which is easy to do, but normally used for slow data rates, but you can achieve much higher data rates using OFDM Modulation technique.
Dedicated ICs are available in market for this purpose, few examples are ST7538/ST7540, MAX2980/MAX2986... you can easily find related ICs by searching on google

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back